Monday 8 April 2013

"Nothing"


It's poetry month. Yaaay! During this month I will happily share a poem on each blog day. These three are the ones I read at the Lit Cafe I attended last month. Today's poem:

Nothing

Sometimes I sit and stare at nothing
And nothing stares back.
Nothing can help me with this hurt
I carry in my heart, my mind, my spirit.
Nothing says this is just a dream
A horrible dream that will soon end
Nothing stares back.

Nothing listens to the sound of my tears
Dripping on my pillow both morning and night
Making their way through the fibres
Until they can run no more
Trapped in an endless weave of
An unfamiliar maze.
Nothing knows how that feels.

You left me with nothing
I have the scent of the pillow next to mine
And nothing smells like it -
Your sweet body mixed with shampoo -
I can almost taste it
As I can almost taste your kiss.
And nothing tastes quite like it.

-Dnafcnatgada



www.cyopro.com
www.twitter.com/cyopro



No comments:

Post a Comment