Friday 8 April 2011

SMH

Today's edition of The Gleaner carries a story entitled: Day of Death.  I read the story and found that the reporter, Daraine Luton, wrote with such vividness, while displaying sensitivity toward the remaining family members. 

I imagine that anyone who's been privy to this story has come away believing that it is, in fact, something tragic and beyond sad.  It is not possible to rehash here the kind and number of comments that have been made in other media.  Nor, for that matter, do I want to.  At the very least, it makes you stop and think.

I wrote a letter to the editor of The Gleaner late in the afternoon, in the hope that it will be published.  The key messages? (1) be prepared for comments of all kinds when you make yourself present online and (2) let your family know that there is a way to delete your account (in this case, from Facebook), if you, or they, so wish to have that done after you die.   (The shortcut to the deletion, which I hadn't mentioned in my letter, is simply to provide your password to someone you really trust.  But, maybe not many people enjoy that luxury.)

My prayer is that God will give all the remaining family members - on both sides - the strength and peace that only He can give.  I also pray that Ms. Joan will be blessed with a speedy and full recovery - the kind that defies all logic.


Claudia
www.cyopro.com
www.twitter.com/cyopro.com

No comments:

Post a Comment