Thursday 28 January 2010

iPad? Really, Steve?

And the hits just keep on coming!

I got more than a bellyful of laughs yesterday talking to my sis on the phone. (Just your regular ol’ BlackBerry. Nothing to see here, folks!)

She was conveying the quips that one of her fb friends kept rolling in, re the newly launched iPad. I was on the GO train and really couldn’t LOL! But, still, that didn’t keep the tears from brimming.

So, along the lines of:
• Well, Apple used to work hard at preventing leaks!
• Wireless. No strings attached. Period.
• Feeling bloated? There’s an app for that!
(Then he goes: “I’ll be here all week!”)

Another friend said something about the tablets, the excitement and the 10 commandments.

Personally, I think that it was a very creative move - capturing that middle-ground between laptop and iPhones. Apple now has representation from one end to the other (the ends we have in sight at the moment, anyway). Not so sure what the level of satisfaction is yet, however. (And that doesn’t mean I’m very keen on finding out.) As a friend of mine emailed last night, “I was intrigued until I realized it was just an oversized iPhone.”

I’m certainly not just going by that single take, but, I wonder whether there’s a collective yawn vs. a ka-ching! moment for Apple.

In the meantime, while we wait for the iPad to hit the market (and for the name to grow on the rest of us), have a go at your own quip, and check out a few others.

(Now the entire article is through subscription only? They sure worked fast, didn’t they?)

Claudia
www.cyopro.com
www.twitter.com/cyopro

No comments:

Post a Comment