Thursday 18 June 2009

Second chances

Ever felt like you've made a nincompoop of yourself in the presence of people on whom you really should be making a good impression and the moment it happens you feel the blood rush to your face and your eyes feel all heavy-like and you kinda do that bit of nervous chuckle and you know nobody gets it - especially you! - and you just hope that someone will, sometime in this inordinately long time (which only feels long but it's really been three seconds) come to your rescue?

Then, someone does.

Had one of those moments today. Can you tell? What's that about only a first chance to make a good impression?

After replaying the moment for the umpteenth time, I've decided to (try harder to) let it go. Lessons learned. Inhale. Exhale. I mean, after all, tomorrow is another day. I may get an opportunity to say and/or do something that's sheer genius! I'll make sure to grab it.

And that's how I look forward to, and prepare for, my second chance to make a great impression.


Claudia
www.cyopro.com
www.twitter.com/cyopro

No comments:

Post a Comment