Thursday 18 September 2008

Educate, Enlighten and Inspire

Sometimes, you just need to be inspired.

I have been invited to speak for, well, just 4-5 minutes at an awards ceremony to be held on September 30, 2008. Mine will be part of an Assistant Deputy Minister's (of the gov. of Ontario) presentation, recognizing a couple of organizations that have made memorable contributions to immigrant success here in Canada.

Of course, I am looking forward to the occasion and have humbly accepted the invitation. Prior to being invited, my testimonial regarding the positive experience I've had with the Career Bridge/OPS Internship for Internationally-trained professionals, preceded me. I shall be speaking to that.

More importantly however, I believe, is the opportunity I will have to make a real and positive difference in the lives of newcomers to Canada. My hope is that I will educate, enlighten and inspire.

And sometimes you just need to be inspired.

I'm preparing accordingly, in order to "fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds worth of distance run." After all, as Kipling continues, mine will be "the earth and everything that's in it..."

Claudia
www.cyopro.com
www.twitter.com/cyopro

No comments:

Post a Comment